POSITION SUMMARY Temporary Part-time – 30 hours per week (Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:00pm) Reporting to the Pastor
- Actively support the staff, the vision, values and mission of KBC
- Provide administrative support
- Ensure pastor requirements for Sunday are met ahead of time
- Attend scheduled meetings
SUPPORT THE BOARDS / TEAMS
- Manage facilities (forms. booking, insurance verification, tracking and follow-ups)
- Administer church licenses (video, etc)
2) Christian Education
- Provide administrative support to program directors
- Administer grant programs (federal, provincial and “seed” funding). Keep up to date on proposed changes (including regulatory) in the programs.
- Issue weekly reports and others as required 4) Other
- Administer police checks (ensure compliance with policy, manage renewals, maintain data base)
- Manage educational / training programs o First Aid (schedule and maintain data base of volunteers) o Orientation for volunteers
- Manage various supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, office supplies, communion supplies etc.
MANAGE THE PLANNING CENTRE
- Manage the data base including updates
- Provide information as required from the data base
- Phone calls, emails and voice mails.
- Maintain up to date distribution lists
- Maintain various platforms of communication – Facebook, Website etc.
- Ensure that all internal and external reporting (i.e. Annual Report, Quarterly Reports) is done in a professional manner.
- Educational experience – Relevant post-secondary
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous office management experience
- High level of integrity, credibility and confidentially
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Handle requests and inquires in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
- Strong sense of empathy and compassion
- Resourceful, energetic and displaying a strong desire to take an initiative
- Able to work independently or part of a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Being versatile, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment.
- Administrative skills
- Preference will be given to a Christian candidate
- Support KBC’s vision
All enquiries and resumes can be sent to Lesley Lord (Chair of the Board of Finance) at email@example.com until midnight November 9, 2019.
Issued October 21, 2019